Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where do the years go?

September brought a couple of big events to our family. Luke turned 13, making me the parent of-gasp-a teenager. I can't believe it's been that long. I remember very clearly the day he was born. I even remember the song that was on the radio as we drove to the hospital. I feel very blessed to have such a great son and hope that we'll sail through these next few years with mutual respect and as little pain as possible. :) Next, Lexi was baptized on September 6. Although her birthday was in August, she had to wait until the stake baptism in September. She was excited all of August and couldn't wait for the day to come. My mom and dad and Kevin came and Mike and Summer and their girls Kennedy and Sophie all came too. It was really cool of all of them to make the special trip. We appreciated them making the effort and I know Lexi felt special. Mark baptized and confirmed Lexi and I was reminded how thankful I am for him. He's a great dad and a great person. These are the days when I feel totally content and thankful for an amazing family.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You absolutely do have an amazing family. And when you ask yourself, "how did I get so lucky?" Take a look in the mirror. It takes a good woman/mom to keep a strong family together. And you are the glue that keeps things together, and things running so smoothly. How did they get so lucky?? :) -Jen


Followers