Thursday, October 30, 2008

A lesson in friendship.

Yesterday afternoon I lost Max. I was cooking dinner and suddenly realized that I hadn't seen him for a while. The front door was locked so I was sure that he was somewhere in the house. I called, but there was no answer. I looked and couldn't find him. I thought maybe he had escaped through the garage and gone to play with his best friend next door. I went to check and he wasn't there. I came home and searched again-under every bed, in every closet and cupboard, in the yard. He wasn't anywhere. That's when I started to panic. Shila came and started helping me look through the house. I called Jen and within minutes she and Alyssa were out with their strollers looking around the neighborhood. Emily came home to help. She had been in the house about a minute when she found him asleep on the floor between her bed and the wall. I swear I had looked there! Relief washed over me and I was so thankful for my friends who rushed to help me. We all went back to our dinner making and other evening activities. Then Shila came over with her son. He was crying and wanted to see Max for himself. He was so worried that Max had been lost and thought that we couldn't find him. It brought me to tears to see that kind of frienship between three year old boys. What a sweet, tender heart! Max was oblivious to the whole thing, but I think he knows that he's got a special friend.

2 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

So glad you found him safe and sound...scary! What great friends you have!

Unknown said...

This happened with Isaac a while ago. It always helps to have an extra set of eyes. My neighbor found him up on the top bunk under the blankets. I thought I looked there too. I am sorry that happened but I am so glad that you found him safe.
Steph


Followers